…..today is my wedding anniversary and I see many stories and images all over the internet about what makes a happy marriage and I thought I’d share with you a few pearls of wisdom.
- Communication is key talk, laugh, disagree and argue it is healthy in a relationship
- Never pause or hesitate in your response to the question does my bum look big in this!
- After you’ve argued as the husband admit you are sorry (even if you are right it’s the laws of the jungle)
- Hold hands in public and tell one another you love one another.
- The journey will be long (hopefully) and that means like a long journey there will be bumps and obstacles along the road, it is how you get through them together that will make you stronger (sometimes pride has to be swallowed and you will both at times need the other person in your marriage to lead the way.
- Make time for one another and continue to date/be romantic even when you have children
- BUT MOST OF ALL IGNORE EVERYONE ELSE’S ADVICE AND DO WHAT FEELS RIGHT TO YOU